– 1.5 large frozen bananas
– ¼ cup coconut milk (from a can, though this can be substituted for any other nut milk, the coconut milk just gives the nice cream a creamier consistency and flavour).
– 1 heaped tbsp of peanut butter (we consider this the secret ingredient, but feel free to leave this out if it’s not your thing).
– 1 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
*Optional extra – your favourite protein powder. If you are using one that is already flavoured, leave out the maple syrup/ coconut sugar.
- Allow bananas to thaw for 2-3 minutes before placing all ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulsing at first, mixing the contents whenever necessary from the side of the container until a smooth and creamy texture has been created. If you are impatient you may want to use a little extra coconut milk to speed the process up, however this will leave you with a slightly runnier nice cream.
- Top with your favourite granola, muesli and/or fruit or enjoy as is.