– 300ml of hot water (not warm, not boiling, just hot)!
– juice from half a lemon
– 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (with the mother – you should be able to see this labelled on the bottle).
– ½ tsp ground organic turmeric
– 1 thumb of thinly sliced or grated ginger
– pinch of cayenne pepper (omit if you don’t like things spicy or if you have a sensitive gut).
– pinch of black pepper
– small spoon of coconut oil
– 1 tsp black strap molasses
– 1 tsp (or more if you like it sweet) raw, organic honey.
* NOTE: omit the honey and coconut oil if you are trying to cut back on calories. Stevia can be added if you need it to be sweet still.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until well combined.
- Pour out liquid mix through a strainer and enjoy hot/warm on an empty stomach and at least half an hour before food/ other beverages.