– 1 cup dry chickpeas (soaked for at least 8 hours)
– juice of half a lemon
– 1 clove of garlic
– 1.5 tsp salt
– ½ cup almond milk
– 1 tbsp unhulled tahini
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– ¾ c water (add this in ¼ cup at a time to avoid making hummus too runny)
- Drain soaked chickpeas and heat water in a large pot. Add chickpeas to pot and bring to a boil. Leave on a rolling boil with lid off for 15-20 minutes or until the chickpeas become soft (water should come well over the top of the chickpeas to avoid complete evaporation).
- Strain chickpeas and place in blender with all other ingredients (add water gradually as per ingredient instructions).
- Pour into a container to store in the fridge, lick the spoon and consume within 5 days.