– ½ cup almond milk
– 20 regular dates (smaller size), or 7 medjool dates (make sure they are pitted).
– pinch of Himalayan pink salt
– ½ cup oats
– ½ cup almonds
– ¼ cup pepitas
– ¼ cup sunflower seeds
– ¼ cup coconut flakes
– 1 tsp linseed
– 3 tsp hemp seeds
– 1 tsp cacao
Optional: scoop of favourite protein powder.
- Combine dates, almond milk and tiny pinch of salt to blender and blend until smooth. Add this to a mixing bowl.
- In the same blender (don’t worry about washing it), combine all other ingredients except the cacao and protein powder (if you’re using it). Blend until thick flour-like texture has been formed, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add cacao and protein powder. Roll into balls with hands and store in the fridge for up to a week. If any are left over they can either be frozen and thawed out, or quickly added to a smoothie for a blast of quick nutrients. This recipe should yield about 12 medium sized balls.